Pupils in Schools, and Children in Early Years Settings
Data Protection Act 1998: How we use your information
We process personal information relating to our pupils and may receive information about them from their previous school or college, local authority, the Department for Education (DfE) and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data to:
- support our pupils’ learning
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate pastoral care; and
- assess the quality of our services
Information about our pupils that we hold will include their contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, any exclusion information, where they go after they leave us and personal characteristics such as their ethnic group, any special educational needs they may have as well as relevant medical information.
We will not give information about your child to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some information about your child to the Department for Education (DfE) and, in turn, this will be available for the use of the LA.
If you want to receive a copy of the information about your child that we hold or share, please contact Mrs J Buckley
If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use information, please visit:
- our local authority at Wigan Council - https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Council/DataProtection-FOI-Stats/Privacy-notices.aspx
- the DfE website at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
If you cannot access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
- Education Business Intelligence Unit:
Tel: 01942 486197
Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Tel: 0370 000 2288